Jeonju offers self up as destination for fall reading retreat
时间:2023-11-29 14:40:09 出处:음악阅读（143）
JEONJU, North Jeolla Province -- Less than two hours' KTX ride from Seoul's Yongsan Station, Jeonju in North Jeolla Province is a beloved destination for travelers due to its picturesque hanok village.
In 2020, the Culture Ministry designated Jeonju as a "Tourism Hub City," along with Busan, Gangneung, Andong and Mokpo. Since then, the Korea Tourism Organization has been working to boost international tourism to the designated cities.
In 2021, the city rebranded itself as the "City of Books," inviting both residents and tourists to savor the joy of reading surrounded by natural beauty.
As part of this initiative, Jeonju has been opening libraries with diverse themes throughout the city. The city proudly boasts a high ratio of libraries per capita, and it hosts the annual Jeonju Reading Festival, a celebration of reading and publishing culture.
- Gangnam teen investigated for assaulting deliveryman with golf club
- Paris Baguette inks sponsorship deal with Paris Saint
- J.Y. Park and Kim Wan
- ‘It’s OK to put fried chicken, ramen on jesa table’
- Seoul shares open higher despite US losses
- KITA chief touts Ireland’s business
- Seoul shares shoot up nearly 2% on Fed's back
- Embracing setbacks: KAIST students vie for the inaugural 'worst failure' crown
- Van Cleef & Arpels touring exhibition brings sparkles to Seoul