Nightmare before Christmas: 'rape announcement' issued at Seoul billboard
时间:2023-11-29 14:17:48 出处:커뮤니티阅读（143）
A local department store's event to celebrate Christmas through its digital billboard has gone horribly wrong, as it ended up with an anonymous threat to "rape all Korean women" being flashed on the digital screen in central Seoul.
According to local police, the message saying "I'm going to rape all Korean women" appeared around 10 p.m. Tuesday on a giant screen on the exterior of Lotte Department Store in Myeong-dong, Seoul. The department store had been holding a Christmas event that allowed anyone to flash a message up on the board by using a QR code.
Lotte officials took down the message, but not before several people took pictures of it and shared it online. The event has been discontinued, and the digital billboard in question is currently showing Christmas-related videos.
"There's a system to filter profanity, but the message in question was not filtered for some reason," the department store said, adding that Lotte plans to seek Police action in relation to the incident.
- [Hello Indonesia] Hyundai Motor vows to steer Indonesia's transition to EVs
- All residents with disabilities to get personal doctor
- Hyundai Steel starts new campaign promoting recycled steel
- Samsung retains No. 1 spot in TV sales; LG tops OLED market
- 홍준표, 하태경 종로 출마 선언에…"주사파 출신이 갈 곳 아니다"
- Democratic Party banners targeting young voters stir controversy
- Prosecutors seek 30
- "스벅 누가 마셔요"…중국서 스타벅스 꺾은 '이 브랜드'
- [Herald Review] Korean and Welsh dance companies share creativity in 'Wales Connection'